Supply is low… and Sellers are holding tight. A lot of home sellers are on the fence about selling in this hot real estate market. Its like sitting at the poker table knowing you have a winning hand. A different position than 5 years ago.
So what’s the right decision to make if you’re a home seller? There’s a lot at play here and that’s why everyone should be thinking strategically on whats the right move is for them. Here are a few pro and cons to consider when making this big decision.
- Selling in a hot market allows you to have the upper hand in negotiations with the home buyer.
- Selling now and laying low or renting could allow you to capitalize on the high prices
- You’re not trying to time the market like a lot of sellers did in 2005-2009.
- If you’re looking to buy in the same market. The price would most likely be higher.
- If you decide to cash out your equity and not buy more real estate. You will have to make sure you don’t spend all the equity before purchasing again!
We’ve had a good run for about 7 years now… How much longer will it last? That’s the million dollar question!
We hope this info has been helpful. Feel free to call or email us with any questions!